If you would like to change or stop certain users accessing a folder shared from your server, then you can follow the instructions below to achieve this.
- Log into the server desktop using the Administrator credentials.
- Open Windows Explorer
- Double click the S drive (data) and navigate to the folder in which you wish to either lock down or enable access.
- Right click the folder and select Properties
- Select the Sharing Tab and select Advanced Sharing
If there is a tick in the Share this folder box, then click the permissions, and check the correct permissions are assigned and click OK twice.
- Select the Security Tab, and then select Edit
- If the user exists in the list then select the user and assign the appropriate permissions in the tick boxes below it.
If the user does not exist then click Add, type in the first 4 letters of the users name you wish to add and click OK, then select the user and assign the appropriate permissions in the tick boxes below it.
- Click OK and then Apply then close.
Note: If the folder you are trying to change permission to complains about Inheritance then you will need to remove the inheritance by clicking Advanced and select Disable Inheritance.